Andrea is a neuropsychologist with a strong interest for the psychophysiology, neuroscience, and psychopathology. He is a PhD student at King’s College London at the Maurice Wohl Clinical Neuroscience Institute, under the supervision of Prof. Mark Richardson and Prof. Deb Pal.
Andrea is now working on a project entitled EEG@HOME with the aim to develop a procedure that will allow patient with epilepsy to independently and safety collect daily at home EEG and continuously data from smartwatch and smartphone app. He will investigate the association between self-reported events (seizures, mood, stress, sleep, medication taking), sensor data (sleep, heart rate, steps), and simple conventional measures to more complex and novel biomarkers extracted from the EEG (power spectra, mean and variability of the degree distribution, clustering coefficient, brain network ictogenicity). Finally, the student aims to develop a model based on these data to identify periods of increased seizure risk.
- 20 Oct 2017 – Registered in the “Register of Italian Psychologists” after “State Examination”. N: 2820
- 2013 – 2015 – Master Degree in Neuroscience and Neuropsychological Rehabilitation (Summa Cum Laude – Distinction)
- 2010 – 2013 – Bachelor Degree in Cognitive Psychology and Psychobiology
- EEG, EEG-TMS & EEG-fMRI data acquisition;
- EEG data analysis (ERPs and time-frequency analysis);
- ECG, EDA, EMG data analysis;
- Neuropsychological/Psychological and Cognitive Assessment.